Saturday, February 20, 2010

Shadow Shots: Shady Characters

It's been awhile since I went shadow hunting, so I set off to see what I could find. The snowy woods were streaked with the long shadows of bare trees, and crisscrossed with animal tracks - including my own.

I was pleased to meet one of my fellow forest dwellers who was also out for a stroll in the warm, slanting light of a winter afternoon. We sized each other up for a minute or two and then meandered off on our separate ways.


Winter Trail


Shady Character


Winter Woods web


For more shadows, click the logo to visit Harriet's place:

12 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Love your marvelous shadows! And the raccoon! That's priceless! I know winter is getting way too long, but the snow shadows are beautiful! Hope your weekend is going well!

Sylvia

Johnny Nutcase said...

all pretty pictures! Cute raccoon and that third picture is great! great snowy shadows!

dianasfaria.com said...

& you did so well shadow hunting too! Your shadows are beautiful.
Love the curious critter shot.

Jen said...

Happy SSS
Looks like a lovely stroll in the woods with woodland creatures too. :D

Rajesh said...

Beautiful shots. Very cool shadows.

Everything said...

fabulous shots....love your walking buddy.

Hey Harriet said...

Oooh a raccoon! How exciting! I'm fascintated by raccoons even though we don't have them here in Australia. Beautiful photos. The top ones with the bendy trees is lovely!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Snowy woodland path—
will it lead me to safety
or into danger?

Variations on a Stone

maryt/theteach said...

Wow, those are lovely shots! Glad you didn't get too close to that racoon! :)

Rambling Woods said...

Amazing what the sunshine will do for all of us..Michelle

MyMaracas said...

Thanks, everyone! And for Teacher and Mary, yes, the raccoon thing could have ended badly. Thankfully, this one appeared to be young and curious, as opposed to aggressive and rabid, which is the other possibility for a 'coon out and about in the daytime.

Daryl said...

I was so busy being busy this weekend I didnt do any blog visiting and look what I missed! Fabulous!!!