Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Ahhhhhh.

A morning at home, at long last. The second job is over.

It was a part-time stint with H&R Block. They allowed us beginners to work only the easy stuff that comes in at the dawn of the tax season -- which is A Good Thing for you, and fine with me. It wasn't much of a job, but I'm actually rather proud of myself for trying it. Taxes have long been one of my phobias, so taking the Block classes and doing returns represents a small personal triumph. One less thing to fear.

So. I've been roaming around the house today, getting reacquainted with the place. I found an archery range in the basement. Imagine my surprise.

Me to hubby: "When did we get arrows?"
Hubby: "Couple of weeks ago."
Me: "WHY did we get arrows?"
Hubby shrugs: "Seemed like a cool idea at the time."
Me: "And why are these arrows embedded in the rec room wall?"
Hubby: "We have two boys."
Me: "Oh yeah."

There is serious cleaning to be done, and the cupboard holds food I have never seen before. Apparently, hubby has also been experimenting with canned and frozen dinners. Poor baby.

It's good to be back.

1 comment:

Bon & Mal Mott said...

Welcome back, Vicki. It was well worth waiting for. I laughed my ass off, and now I have to go look for it.
Mal