I have the most excellent pound cake recipe, and I thought I'd pass it along in time for the hollidays. It came originally from Southern Living magazine, though I've seen it since on a number of sites. It ain't exactly easy, but it is worth the hassle. It calls for a tube pan, and that's the way I've been making it, but I always wished I had a Bundt pan big enough to hold it. Well, now NordicWare has reissued its original pan, which is much larger than the ones they make nowadays. I'm ordering one today. So anyhow, here's the recipe:
APRICOT BRANDY POUNDCAKE
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon rum flavored extract
1 teaspoon orange extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup apricot brandy
1 cup butter
3 cups white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. Combine the sour cream, rum flavoring, orange extract, almond extract, lemon extract, vanilla extract and apricot brandy. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
5. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream and flavorings mixture, stirring just until incorporated: begin with 1/3 of the flour, then 1/2 the liquid, 1/3 flour, 1/2 liquid, 1/3 flour.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for *80-90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool 10-15 mins and turn out onto rack to cool completely.
Freezes and travels well, makes a great gift.
*CORRECTED TIME -- not 60 mins, as orignally published. Sorry about that.