Sunday, October 07, 2007

Enter if you dare

Next topic up at Round Robins is Shadowland:

October. Darkness reigns and spirits gather. Gone are the sunlit days of summer, and the heart turns strange and melancholy. Welcome to Shadowland.

The theme is open-ended, so go with whatever your imagination can conjure. Photograph actual shadows, perhaps; capture the mood in a striking portrait or landscape, or even -- if you dare -- catch a ghost. This would be a great time to try working in black and white or to experiment with editing and effects. After all, it's Shadowland. Anything could happen.

To play with us, just visit the Round Robin home page and sign up per the instructions there, and post your entry on October 20. Newcomers are warmly welcomed, so don't be shy. I hope to see you there!

*The photo above is a reflection in a garden gazing ball. Did you guess?

2 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

No, I nerver even knew what those balls are for. But I like the picture! It meninds me of a few effects I've gotten by accident in nighttime photography.

I'm really looking forward to this Challenge!

MyMaracas said...

Hi Karen,

I'm glad you like the photo. Gazing balls are right up there with pink flamingoes in my book, but I did have fun trying to catch the effect.

Can't wait to see what you find for the next challenge!