Monday, August 04, 2008

Up, Up and Away

My pilot son sends me links sometimes, just because he knows I'll wig out. Check out the kid's latest attempt to rattle my cage: Cluster Balloon Flight Page.

Cluster ballooning is the thing where you tie a mountain of helium balloons to yourself and float off into the sunset. Because if you're going to kill yourself, you may as well go out with flair.

The site belongs to a guy intent on popularizing the sport--though he won't answer any specific questions about how to do it "because I don't want to be held responsible for your possible injury or death."

It's nuts, but the pictures there really are pretty cool. Just don't let your kid see it.

2 comments:

Kiva said...

No thank you. I'll stick with hot air balloons. It does look pretty.

MyMaracas said...

Me too, Kiva. I went up in a hot air balloon once, and it was wonderful. There's a one-person balloon now, involving a harness instead of a gondola, called a cloud hopper. But I still want the basket.