Friday, September 10, 2010

Let There Be Pie

Newsflash: Libby's WILL have canned pumpkin this year!

I just got off the phone from calling the 800 number on the back of the can I hoarded away from last year. Per one of their lovely phone reps, we should see Libby's pumpkin on the shelves by the end of this month. Thanksgiving is saved. And they are sending me coupons.

I don't know what they do to it, but nothing tastes like Libby's pumpkin. It's the only ingredient on the label, so I don't know what the magic is. I've tried pies from other brands and from fresh pumpkins, and they were pretty awful.

So. Libby's is back. Can I get an Amen?

4 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

yes! and amen.

now i'm hungry.

Daryl said...

AMEN, sistah!

Pumpkin pie was my dad's favorite, he insisted the best was Horn & Hardarts ... I wonder if they used Libby's ... they, H&H, are no more but when they were it was a fun place to eat .. do you know about them? Click here

MyMaracas said...

Myletters, I always get a craving for pumpkin pie in the fall. It's good to know I don't have to reserve my precious two cans of Libby's for Thanksgiving.

Dary, your dad had good taste. I didn't know about Horn & Hardarts, but I will definitely check it out.

Rambling Woods said...

I love pumpkin pie...Like the reflection above too Vicki...