Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Views from the road less traveled


There are broad, straight, paved highways in life that lead to a given destination, and they are fine things when you're in a hurry and know where you have to be and when.

And then there are hidden ways that lead not to what is, but to what might be.


This week's Round Robin topic celebrates The Road Less Traveled. For me, that means going into the woods, back to a green and quiet place where magic and mystery still live.














Be sure to stop by and see the other Robins' photos -- and next time join us, won't you?

Thanks to all who played this time!
Vicki

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love that foot bridge on the first one.

Steven said...

The bridge looks lovely :-) Being surrounded by green is one of my definitions of comfort. Great topic and thanks for suggesting it!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Oh, yeah! I'm in favor of magic and mystery and what might be. Love the photos, too, especially the first and third onces. Thanks for the great, inspiring topic!

Carly said...

Hi Vicki :)

Oh my, you've chosen some lovely images for your challenge. I love parks and pathways such as the ones you showed. Golden Gate Park has the Japanese Tea Garden, which has a beautiful circular walk... very peaceful. Thank you for showing us such lovely images, it was just what I needed after a very long day. :)

Always, Carly :)

kmm said...

Thank you for suggesting the topic. Lovely photos especially the bridge

Anonymous said...

good job...great pix. :)

Gattina said...

What was at the end of this romantic way ? Very nice pictures !

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that footbridge! Lovely shots, GREAT theme, thanks for the challenge!

Tammie Jean said...

"And then there are hidden ways that lead not to what is, but to what might be."

I love it! And such fantastic images to accompany the wonderful sentiment - great job!

(I wish I'd had more time to play last week - this was a great topic suggestion).

MyMaracas said...

Thanks so much for all the kind comments, everyone. I love what you all did with this one!

Vicki