Friday, October 17, 2008

Seven Things

Sally at Sallyacious.com has tagged me to reveal seven things about myself, preferably random or weird things.

Here are the rules:

1) Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog
2) Share 7 facts about yourself, some random, some weird
3) Tag 7 more people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs
4) Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs


So here you go. Seven random and/or weird things about me:

Being home with a bad cold today, the first thing that occurs to me is that I do not suffer well. The hubby can carry on through anything, with never a complaint. I, on the other hand, take to my bed when things get rough, emerging only for juice and to deliver news flashes on my latest symptoms. I know the woman is supposed to be the strong one. But I don't care.

I used to be a lot more things than I am now. And I imagine myself as being more things in the future than I am now. I seem to be stuck between the two. Maybe this is that midlife crisis thing you hear so much about.

I own more books than I will ever be able to read. I love having all those options close at hand, but I feel a little guilty for hoarding them.

On a related note, I am a world-class pack rat.

I am fascinated with the worlds behind the world. That is, I enjoy pondering things like space and time, physics, spirituality, and consciousness. If I were smarter, I'm sure I would love mathematics, too.

OK, that's five. What else, what else...

I keep certain lucky pennies on my keyboard at all times. Some of you already know about that.

Seven! I am a registered Republican who has never voted for a Republican presidential candidate. My family would have disowned me had I registered as a Democrat at age 18, and inertia took over from there. I have no strong affinity for either party, occupying a lonely little land somewhere left of center between the two.

And that's about it. Sally's list is a lot better.

Now for the really hard part, tagging seven friends who haven't done this already. I may be the only person in Blogistan who hasn't done an "About Me" meme before.

I can think of two offhand who might have some good weirdness to share:

There's Karen Funk Blocher of the blog Outpost Mavarin, an amazingly prolific blogger who lives in The Museum of the Weird.

And there's Janet of the delightfully dark Fond of Snape. She has a great sense of humor and knows her way around a camera, too.

Carly at Ellipsis always has interesting things to say and lovely photographs to go with. Let's tag her, shall we?

Sandcastle Momma just did one of these in September, or I'd tag her too. Her blog is a great read, funny and filled will well-built mental images of the family in action... Aw what the hell. I'm tagging her. She deserves a link.

I'm also tagging Kathy at Flamingo Feathers. Kathy wrote a great, private blog over on AOL. She has recently joined us here on Blogger, so please stop by and say Hi, won't you?

Soon as I get a link to the new blog, I'll update this with Marti's new place and tag her. She's another AOLer who deserves a warm welcome. Her old digs were here: Porch Stories.

The last space I leave for you. If you'd like to play, please leave me a link in Comments, and I'll add you to the list.

Thanks, Sally, for a fun afternoon's blogging!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh Gosh, well, I'll get to this, I promise, over the weekend. It's the linking thing that's going to create a stir at my desk. LOL

Anonymous said...

I like your list! I think it's vastly more interesting than mine. Pennies don't magically appear around me.

Thank you so much for sharing all this with us.

Carly said...

Hi cutie :)

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to you... jeepers... it took me long enough! LOL. Anyway, thank you for tagging me, I am headed out of town, so it might be next weekend before I get to this, but I love doing these so I will put some though into it! Loved your answers! :) Hmmm... is there anything new about me to share?

TTYS
Carly :)

Askew To You said...

I'm the same way about books. I try to weed some out every once in awhile, but they are very hard to part with. I hope to read them all one day.

Janet said...

Thank you for tagging me, and for saying such nice things :-) You rock!