Saturday, June 09, 2007

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy

It's Donald Duck Day!



Happy 73rd Birthday to Disney's bad boy. Gotta love that duck.

It's hard for me to pick my favorite Donald Duck cartoon, but I think I'd have to go with 'The Band Concert' or 'The Three Caballeros'.

The older Disney character cartoons were among the best animated shorts ever. Hardly anyone today has seen the remarkable Der Feuhrer's Face, a propaganda film from World War II that won an Academy Award in 1943. The link goes to a YouTube video that's worth checking out, if you're interested in classic film.

How about you? Do you have a favorite?

2 comments:

Carly said...

Oh yes...

Gotta love that duck! I haven't seen anything Donald Duck in years, but when I was a little girl I loved Donald. I got a stuffed Donald Duck at Disneyland when I was 7... had it for years. :) What memories! This was a fun entry. :)

MyMaracas said...

Ah, another devotee of da duck. The classics never die.

;-)
Vicki